How Exterior Painting Increases the Value of Your Rockwall Home
Whether you want to improve the chances of selling your Rockwall home or you want to make changes to your house that you'll enjoy for years to come, hiring an experienced painting company for exterior painting services is worth the investment. With professional exterior painting services, you won't have to worry about messy and lengthy renovations that cost more than your budget allows. Instead, you'll experience a quick transformation of your home and property that will please your household, neighbors, guests, and potential buyers.
If you're interested in exterior painting services performed by skilled professionals, reach out to a reputable painting company like Carroll Custom Painting to schedule your Rockwall home's new exterior paint job.
The Benefits of Exterior Painting
- Affordability - Compared to other home improvements, hiring a painting company to repaint your home's exterior is fairly inexpensive. Additionally, exterior painting is more cost-effective than replacing your home's siding entirely.
- Protection - A fresh coat of high-quality paint protects your home from the natural elements, including UV rays, moisture, mold and mildew, and strong winds. By providing a barrier from the environment, paint shields your house's building materials from potential damage.
- Increased Property Value - Because your home's new coat of paint is fresh, your house will appear very attractive to potential buyers, allowing you to obtain a higher sales price. In fact, an exterior paint job has the ability to increase your home's value by up to 5 percent. Your potential buyers will also be pleased by the new paint job because this home improvement means that they won't have to refresh the paint for many years.
- Efficient Heating and Cooling - Depending on the color you choose for you exterior painting, the new coat of paint can produce significant heating and cooling benefits. Dark paint colors absorb light well, so they will aid your heating system in the winter. Light paint colors reflect light well, so they allow your home to stay cool in the summer.
Quick Tips for the Best Results
- Appeal to the largest number of potential buyers by hiring a painting company to apply a neutral paint color such as white, cream, or gray to your home's exterior.
- Refrain from using more than three colors in your exterior painting, and try to abide by the 60-30-10 percentage rule, which indicates that 60 percent is the body of the house, 30 percent is the trim and garage door, and 10 percent is the shutters.
- Consider applying a paint color that contrasts with the rest of your house on the door, trim, and railings.
- Apply a light shade to your home to make it appear larger, or apply a dark shade to make it appear smaller.
- Place darker colors toward the bottom of your home so that it doesn't appear top-heavy.
- Select exterior paint colors that complement your house's materials, such as the brick, roofing, woodwork, and stucco.